On request here’s a guided meditation on opening yourself up to happiness.
Give yourself permission to be happy & allow happiness into your life with this guided meditation.
* Download my free Meditation Album at:*
Transcript of this guided meditation on allowing happiness:
• Find yourself a comfortable meditation pose, and then close your eyes
• Let’s take a moment to settle in
• Just be and breathe
• Come home to your center. See if you find that place of peace a little bit more
• Let’s take a look at why we’re not allowing ourselves to be happy. So this is a moment of becoming aware. You don’t have to change anything yet.
• Look inside: what’s stopping you from letting yourself be happy? Do you have a belief that you always have to work hard? Or that happiness would be egoistic?
• Do you feel like your not destined to be happy?
Have certain events in the past caused you to feel these kinds of things?
• Has social conditioning given you the idea that you were not allowed to feel happy? And that you should put others first?
• Now if you have ever felt like you were obliged to sacrifice yourself, or as if you were not allowed to feel happy, that will feel very heavy. And let’s now move to the part of the meditation where we’re just going to sit with our feelings for a moment. Acknowledge all the feelings that all these ideas and rules have given you.
• You don’t have to solve it, just give it your loving attention.
• Now I would like to present you with a helpful image. So just see if you can focus and follow along. Picture in your mind’s eye: planet Earth. Pictured from outer space.
• Yes, that’s where you live. And also where all the other people live. See from outer space, from an objective point of view, you as a person, are just as much part of the human family as any other person.
• And all the atoms that the Earth contains, and all the creatures living on the Earth contain, are just as much universe as any other atom in the universe.
• Now from this point of view: wouldn’t you wish for everyone on the planet to be happy?
• And wouldn’t it be strange to say that some people have to sacrifice themselves for other people?
• And wouldn’t it make sense to say that every person, since they know themselves and their needs best, takes care of themselves? (Not only themselves per se, but you know, just enough.)
• From this point of view, you are equally worthy as all other people. And so you deserve as much happiness as all the other people do.
• Now put your awareness back into your body as you are sitting here in meditation and feel your own heart. Feel that as you have grown up to become an adult, it’s safe now to allow yourself to feel happy, to take care of yourself. And that it is, in fact, a good thing, to take care of yourself.
• Feel as if your heart is a flower that now opens up to receive your own gifts. To receive yourself.
* Music Credits: *
Meditation Music: Tranquility by Kevin MacLeod
Outro: Ignite To Light by Pipe Choir