What is the definition of polyamory? And what are open relationships, polygamy, polyandry, polygyny, V’s and poly families? This video explains the terms ethical non-monogamy / consensual non-monogamy.
Overview of different polyamorous relationship forms:
Polyamory = ethical or consensual non-monogamy
Poly = Greek for more
Amor = Latin for love
Polyamory = the umbrella term for all kinds of non-monogamous relationship forms like:
– Polygamy: marriage with multiple spouses. Among which:
– Polyandry: marriage with multiple men
– Polygyny: marriage with multiple women
– Polyfamily: relationship in which multiple people are involved. Can be open or closed to different degrees.
– V’s: One person being in relationship with two people who are not in relationship with each other
– Open relationships: Primary relationship between two people who have an agreement about how open the relationship is. For example: open to everything, just sex with others, or just love with others.
There are many more forms of polyamory. And you can basically create your own form that suits you. Just make sure you go about it with consent of the people you’re involved with, and with being honest, open and conscious about your commitments.
Have fun 🙂
Artist: Nicolai Heidlas – https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Title Intro : Rockin’ Riff
Title Outro: Wings